Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harry Potter asks...are you a Slytherin or a Gryffindor?

So lately the buzz is all about Harry Potter...i gotta say the last movie is AH-MAZING~ if you havent watched it yet then you really should go see it..and in 3d if possible...you wont regret it... anyways onto the manicure ^_^ on a sad note one of my nails (my pointer finger) chipped last week..so I ended up clipping it to a shorter length and since I couldn't stand only one nail of my right hand being shorter then the rest I had to cut all of them to a shorter length on that hand so I apologize in advance for the nubbly fingers >.<  so like my title suggests I couldn't decide whether to go Slytherin or Gryffindor so I ended up doing both...

This mani was ridiculously easy to do as long as you have the shatter polishes that seem to be all the craze now...

I started with 2 coats (it doesn't really have to be neat except for the finger you plan on leaving with out shatter) of this No Miss polish in Hutchinson Hunter that I bought from Down to Earth... It was the perfect deep Slytherin green color that I wanted...

then after it was all dried I put on a layer of OPI's Silver shatter on all my nails except my pointer finger which I left plain...

then on my pointer finger I added 3 silver rhinestones....

then I used 2 coats of this Eleanor polish in ENP039 that my friend bought for me from Sasa in Hong Kong...I felt that this was the perfect red for the Gryffindor style..

then I used Sephora by OPI's new gold shatter polish for the rest of my nails except my pointer finger....
on a quick sidenote.. I think its so funny that OPI used Shatter, China Glaze used Crackle, Color Club used Fractured and thus since most of the other verbs were taken SOPI was stuck using Blasted....*sigh* so many verbs that mean all the same...

and then I used 3 gold rhinestones for the pointer finger...


Voila!~Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)